Updated November 2017
AGM 2018 – Lock in the date
The giftEDnz AGM will be held on Saturday, 7th April, 2018 in Palmerston North. More details will be released closer to the time.
Latest Advocacy Efforts
- Letter to the new Minister of Education, from all three national gifted education charities (giftEDnz, New Zealand Centre for Gifted Education and New Zealand Association for Gifted Children).
- Radio Interview with Louise Tapper (Chair giftEDnz)
- “Where are all the gifted learners in “inclusive education”? blog by Louise Tapper
- Gifted Awareness Week (2017) blogs by giftEDnz Board members
- The Strength of our Whariki by Andi Delaune
- Navigating Giftedness and Cultural Diversity in Aotearoa New Zealand by Sunny Bush
- Diversity through Creativity by Jo Dean
- Living on the Margins of Two Cultures by Louise Tapper
- An Open Letter to Boards of Trustees: On diversity, inclusion and ethical leadership by Vanessa White
Giftedness and Talent: Australasian Perspectives has been published online and is now available. This has been edited by Roger Moltzen and giftEDnz Board Treasurer Nadine Ballam.
Member-only e-zine Out Soon
Recently Released Position Statement
giftEDnz periodically issues position statements addressing critical issues, policies and practices related to the education of gifted and talented children and young people. giftEDnz would like to announce the release of a joint position statement for supporting effective professional learning and development in gifted education. Earlier in the year a joint position statement was released on indicators of progress and achievement. Check out the video below for some ideas on how you can use these.
A student from Canterbury presented a speech on his experiences of being gifted. Please take the time to read this. It is vital that we draw on student perspectives as we evaluate the effectiveness of our teaching and programmes and evolve our practices accordingly.
National Research Update
To read about where this project is up to, what the next steps are and how to participate, please click here.